Top 5 Reasons to Have a Dental Cleaning
Having a pretty smile is only part of the reason you should have dental check ups throughout the year. Did you know that oral hygiene is linked to your overall body health as well? By maintaining a healthy mouth, you can avoid troublesome medical problems such as gum disease, bone loss, heart disease, strokes, and overall infection. This is why having a dental cleaning should be a regular maintenance for you and your pearly whites.
- Did you know that The Oral Cancer Foundation reported that one person dies from oral cancer every hour of every day in the United States? Preventing Oral Cancer is the number one reason you should consider having your dental cleanings. Oral cancer can be treatable if it is diagnosed early on. As your dentist is cleaning your teeth, they are also checking for signs or symptoms of Oral Cancer. Take the twenty minutes to have your teeth cleaned, as it could be a lifesaver for you.
- Studies have also shown that your oral health can affect your overall medical health. Poor oral hygiene can lead to heart disease and strokes. Having a dental cleaning and check up every six months will help you stay on the right track towards being healthy.
- One of the obvious reasons you want to have dental cleanings is to keep your teeth. Who wants to see a smile with black, rotten teeth, or worse, missing teeth? If you wait too long or never get your teeth professionally cleaned, you will spend more money later on getting them fixed. Getting your teeth professionally cleaned keeps your teeth healthy, prevents decay, and can save you money in the long run.
- Ahh fresh breath is always a good reason to have your teeth professionally cleaned. Yes, you can do little things at home to keep up with maintaining healthy breath, but there’s nothing like going to the dentist and having a professional cleaning and leaving with the freshest breath that seems to last for days. Your dentist will be able to get all the way back to those spots that are hard for us to reach at home, leaving your mouth crispy clean.
- The last reason, and the most appealing reason are for whiter, brighter teeth. We all want to have that white smile that stands out and says hello, without saying anything right? You can easily have this by getting your check ups done every six months. Your dentist will keep a good eye on what is going on in your mouth and make sure you are at optimal health. The best part about going to see your dentist is the professional- at home remedies- they can give you to keep you on the right track. There is nothing like saying hello with your pearly whites.
Do not fear, your dentist will be here for you. Just like your annual medical check ups, your teeth need attention to. Preventing Oral Cancer, maintaining overall body health, keeping your teeth healthy, fighting bad breath, and keeping your smile bright are just a few reasons your dentist is here for you. All you have to do is come in and see us.